The actual value of smart tv will only after getting the support of app installation, browsing the different OTT Platforms. For this reason, the users having smart TV on their get next level of mass entertainment easily.
Getting with the smart tv is today’s demand. That’s, we need to have the proper guide on installation on this topic. So, why here we have provided the tutorial on how to download apps on Philips smart TV.
If you are the owner of the Philips Brand smart tv, then you may know that you can get extreme features on that. Downloading and installation of apps unlock the boundaries of limitation on entertainment.
Although the smart tv comes with a number of apps installed by default, that may not be enough for you. Getting the content of your choice is not possible from the default and pre-installed apps on your Philips Smart TV.
For making you easy on exploring your favorite apps for mass entertainment you must know downloading and installing apps on Philips Smart TV.
How to Download Apps on Philips Smart TV?
We can do downloading and installation of apps on your Philips smart tv in different ways. In terms of your model, you can download and install the apps easily. Mainly we got the 3 options for downloading and installing the apps on your Philips Smart TV.
Download and Install from Google Play Store
The first and easiest method that I got for installing the apps on your Philips Smart Tv is from the Google Play Store. If your Philips smart tv is powered by Android or based on android OS, then you can easily download and install the apps from the play store easily.
How to download apps on Philips smart tv from Google play store,
- Go to the Home page of your Philips Smart Tv by Press Home.
- From the different apps, you have to select & click the “Google Play”
- Log in by filling in the g-mail address and password (if not already logged in). if you’re already logged in then skip this step.
- It will appear in the list of apps to download and install as like Play Store on a mobile phone.
- Choose/select the apps and download/ install it.
- Finally Done.
Using these simple steps you can download and install the apps for your Philips smart tv from the Google play store. It is one of the best safe and effective methods for getting the apps for your TV.
Download and Install from Philips App Store
Although Philips its own app store like Xiaomi Mi, Samsung I recommend you to go for the first method if they base your device on the Android OS. If not, then this is also another safe and best step that I got.
Here is how you can download apps on Philips smart tv,
- Go to Home by Pressing the Home
- Select and Open the app named “Philips Store” as like the play store from the above tutorial.
- From the Philips App Store, you have to search for the apps that you want to download.
- After finding the apps, just press on download/install, wait until the installation complete.
- Finally Done.
By using the own store of Philips you can download and install the desired apps on your smart tv. If they do not base your Philips smart tv on Android OS, then it is one of the best options for downloading and installing the apps.
Install Apps from Custom Method / Es File Explorer
If you are planning to install that app that is not available on the Philips App store. Also, your smart tv is not android based and missing a lot of apps from there then the custom installation method may be the solution for you.
With the custom method, you can install the apps on your smart tv. Although this method is quite long and risky, you can get more freedom for exploring the world’s content easily. For this method, we have to use the Es File Explorer.
It means we have to install the Es File Explorer on smart tv with the help of a smartphone. So, Here are the steps.
Before doing this step you have to connect your Philips smart tv the smartphone that you are going to use in this process over the same Wireless connection (Wi-fi).
At first on Android Smartphone
- Open App Store (Play Store or another app store from your smartphone)
- Download Es File Explorer. Es File Explorer is one of the most popular and powerful file explorers all over the world.
Now on Philips Smart TV
- Open any store and install the Es File Manager
Es File Explorer Installation Process on Smart Tv,
- Open Es File Explorer (Smartphone)
- Go to the option / click the side menu from the top left corner (smartphone)
- Find the ‘Network’ option from that main menu (smartphone)
- Tap on ‘Network’ and then ‘Smart Tv’.
- From there you can find the list of Smart TVs. Select the ‘Philips Smart Tv’.
- After selecting, the Philips Smart Tv will get the Es File Explorer installed. It means this process will install the Es File Explorer app on your Philips Smart Tv.
These are the steps on how to install the Es File Explorer on your Philips Smart Tv. After installing the Es File Explorer, you are free to install any supportive apps from the original sources. Using this file explorer you can install the apps from your smartphones directly by connecting both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
The app installation process on your Philips smart tv will be easy and possible with the 3 steps mentioned by us. Among all the 3 steps I recommend you to go for the 1st step to get a large number of apps and for easy installation. The 1st method is only possible on your Philips Smart Tv if they base it on Android OS.
If the 1st method is not applicable to your tv, the second method is the best option for you. Similarly, if you want to install that apps which aren’t available on Philips and Google App store or not have google store for a large number of apps then the Es file Explorer is the last option for you.